Can you run effective meetings and still protect maker time? Yes, and you can even transform meetings into delightful, collaborative parts of the day. Our guest today is Douglas Ferguson, President of Voltage Control and author of Magical Meetings. Youâ€™ll learn what meetings arenâ€™t necessary, how to run meetings that are, tips on how to make those meetings magical, and more.
Download the MP3 audio file: right-click here and choose Save As.
- Voltage Control â€” Douglasâ€™s consulting company
- Magical Meetings â€” Douglasâ€™s book on getting the most out of meetings
- Extreme Programming, Agile, Scrum, Lean, Design Thinking â€” popular methodologies
- Facilitation Lab â€” weekly community meetings at Voltage Control, Thursdays
- Google Docs, MURAL, Miro, Figma â€” popular tools for live collaboration
- RACI chart â€” responsible, accountable, consulted or informed
- Magical Meetings resources
- Voltage Controlâ€™s blog
- Voltage Controlâ€™s courses & workshops
- Follow Douglas on Â Twitter
This episode is brought to you by Around â€” video calls designed for collaboration, not meetings. Around's lightweight, beautiful and fun interface automatically frees up your screen; it's perfect for design sessions, crits, and brainstorms. Just search for around_hq on Twitter, you'll see that the design community is obsessed with this tool. Try it out for free at around.co/uibreakfast.
Interested in sponsoring an episode? Learn more here.
Leave a Review
Reviews are hugely important because they help new people discover this podcast. If you enjoyed listening to this episode, please leave a review on iTunes. Hereâ€™s how.