So I made it back from SXSW in one piece, and for that reason alone I think we should all give praise. Saw some phenomenal bands, many of whom are included in this latest episode. If you ever have the opportunity to go to Austin, do so. Just avoid the Super 8 University motel.
Along with some of my favourites from Austin I’ve got some tracks of a couple of great records that I’ve picked up in the last week or so. If you are in the market for a new album, you could really do a lot worse than the new John Grant record, it really is something special.
1. The Relatives – Bad Trip (Yep Rock Records) 2013 | Taken from an album that came out in February called The Electric Word, this old geezers can play.
2. Uncle Acid & The Deadbeats – Witches Garden (Rise Above Records) 2013 | Check them out on Facebook here, and if you’re lucky you might actually catch them live at some point too.
3. K-X-P – Melody (Mel0dic Records) 2013 | Touring Europe in April and May, you can see them live in Glasgow Broadcast on the 28th April. and in London on May 1st at Corsica Studios.
4. Autre Ne Veut – Carry (Mexican Summer) 2012 | Found this on their Soundcloud, it wasn’t on their album Anxiety that came out earlier this year.
5. Bass Drum of Death – White Fright (Fat Possum Records) 2012 | That track came out last year as a tour only EP, find out more here.
6. Savages – She Will (Matador Records) 2013 | Great band, everyone was right.
7. Queen Kwong – Eddie The Kid (Smoky Carrot) 2010 | Wikipedia suggest they are currently working on an album. Let’s hope so.
8. Mikhael Paskalev – I Spy (Mom & Pop Records) 2012 | Find out more at http://mikhaelpaskalev.com/
9. Daughn Gibson – In The Beginning (White Denim) 2012 | From an album that came out in 2012 called All Hell.
10. John Grant – GMF (Bella Union) 2013 | Yeah, it’s fair to say I’m enjoying this Pale Green Ghosts album. The radio edit for this isn’t a good shout.